Program Assistant, Open Position
American Councils for International Education administers a number of programs for youth and adults, funded by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) of the U.S. Department of State or the US Embassy in Romania.
The Bucharest-based Program Assistant is responsible for assisting in implementing various office programs developed in partnership with the US Embassy or other partners. This position reports to the Country Representative in Bucharest, and works in conjunction with program managers in Washington DC and the US Embassy in Romania. The position is a limited-term, part-time (4hours/day, 5 days/week) position beginning on January 21st, 2019 through April 21st, 2019 (3 months). The position is subject to funding approval. All eligible candidates must live in Bucharest, as this is an office-based position.
- Support Country Representative and Program Coordinators in coordinating logistics for office programs;
- Promote office programs in Romania by developing an advertising campaign, press releases, working with traditional and virtual media, mass mailings, volunteers coordinating etc.;
- Make public presentations, including audio and video interviews;
- Collect and track data, forms and files;
- Travel around Romania to conduct presentations or attend meetings, if requested;
- Process all financial payments regarding the projects in a timely manner, as advised by the office accountant;
- Prepare projects reports for funders;
- Maintain communication with project partners and funders;
- Other tasks regarding administrative aspects of office programs;
- Bachelor’s degree or on going bachelor studies in any field;
- Native Romanian, Fluent in English (written & spoken);
- Strong administrative and organizational skills;
- Familiar with the Microsoft Office package;
- Proven experience in budget and project management;
- Excellent attention to details;
- Flexibility to occasionally work on weekends and evenings;
- Flexibility to travel around the country if requested;
- Outstanding time management, team work spirit, organization and planning skills;
- Experience regarding U.S or international programs will be a plus;
Send your resume (in English) and a cover letter (in English as well) to Eliza Chirila-Pop, Country Representative, email@example.com by January 6th, 2019, 23:59 Romanian time.
Each applicant will receive a confirmation email after submitting the application. Selected participants will be invited to an interview, to take place on January 9th & 10th.
Final hiring decisions will be made by January 15th. First working day will be Monday, January 21st.