OPEN JOB CALL: PROGRAM ASSISTANT FOR OPEN WORLD PROGRAM
The Open World Program is funded by the United States Congress and is operated by the Congressional Office for International Leadership. The program, through travel of delegations to the U.S., aims to increase mutual understanding between the U.S. and several Eurasian countries; to provide exposure to U.S. democratic institutions, the U.S. political system, and public-private partnerships and inter-relationships; and to form the basis for a continuing dialogue for future cooperation. The program has provided financial support to bring key public policy decision-makers and leaders from Eurasian countries to the United States for short-term stays and to support follow-on activities for program alumni.
The Program Assistant works as part of a team in the Bucharest American Councils office and assists the implementation of Open World Romania supporting an efficient and successful implementation of the Open World Program. The Program Assistant reports to the Program Coordinator and the Country Director in Romania. The position is a full-time position, contingent on funding, beginning March 1st, 2023.
PRIMARY Responsibilities INCLUDE:
· Ensuring that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization;
· Providing support with the process of collecting applications and nominations materials;
· Representing the organization at presentations, meetings, and official functions;
· Social Media engagement;
· Coordinating finalists’ preparation procedures and pre-departure orientation; including assisting with organizing participants’ travel and providing visa support.
· Supporting events and projects that contribute to the Open World Program goals.
· Supporting and coordinating alumni activities, including online and in-person events, alumni communication, and related activities;
· Collecting and analyzing alumni results, follow-on projects, media appearances across the region
· Assist with the planning, organization, and implementation of locally funded programs; compile information for proposal submissions;
· Strong English and native knowledge of Romanian;
· Demonstrated organizational ability and attention to detail;
· Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills including the ability write concisely and communicate effectively orally to a wide variety of audiences, including but not limited to Government Officials, US Officials, local leaders.
· Demonstrated ability to process high volumes of information and data quickly and accurately
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, simultaneous assignments and set appropriate priorities
· Serious commitment to providing excellent client service with a high level of motivation
· Thoroughly adept at using Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint, Outlook and SharePoint
· At least 1 year work experience (including volunteering work & internships)
· Rewards and Recognition Program
· Complete training curricula available on Humentum (tailored courses for project management, international development)
· Private Health Insurance
· Hybrid working format
· Fun with the team – teambuilding, dinners and many more!
· Travel opportunities to the US
Please send your CV and cover letter by e-mail with the subject “Open World Program Assistant” to firstname.lastname@example.org, by Thursday, January 26th, 2023.
Make sure to include at least one contact of previous employer or a recommender and your salary expectation (net take-home/month, in RON).