Open job call: Program Coordinator for Open World Program
The Open World Program is funded by the United States Congress and is operated by the Congressional Office for International Leadership. The program, through travel of delegations to the U.S., aims to increase mutual understanding between the U.S. and several Eurasian countries; to provide exposure to U.S. democratic institutions, the U.S. political system, and public-private partnerships and inter-relationships; and to form the basis for a continuing dialogue for future cooperation. The program has provided financial support to bring key public policy decision-makers and leaders from Eurasian countries to the United States for short-term stays and to support follow-on activities for program alumni.
The Program Coordinator works as part of a team in the Bucharest American Councils office and coordinates implementation of Open World with Washington, D.C. staff, providing overall leadership, management oversight, and strategic direction for the successful implementation of the Open World Program. The Program Coordinator reports to the Country Director in Romania. The position is an open-term, full-time position, contingent on funding, beginning in mid June 2022.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Identifying issues and risks related to program implementation and guide appropriate program adjustments;
- Initiating communication with strategic program partners, including the U.S. Embassy, U.S. governmental agencies, private sector institutions, and senior local government officials;
- Monitoring the progress and pace of the activity’s implementation, assuring that the full potential of the Open World Program is realized through the promotion of high-quality work and internal control;
- Supporting and designing events and projects that contribute to the Open World Program goals
- Supporting and coordinating alumni activities, including online and in-person events, alumni communication, and related activities;
- Occasionally traveling throughout the country or to other countries, for the program outreach and development purposes;
- Assist with the planning, organization, and implementation of locally funded programs; work with the Country Director to develop and expand locally funded programs; compile information for proposal submissions; support the Country Director to find new funding and development opportunities for American Councils in Romania;
- Strong writing and communication skills;
- Strong English and native knowledge of Romanian;
- Demonstrated organizational ability and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities quickly and effectively;
- Ability to work independently while contributing to an overall team effort;
- Proven effectiveness in a cross-cultural work environment;
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work with high level officials;
- Strong computer skills, experience with creating and publishing content on different social media platforms;
- Experience in working with various cultures or foreign organizations;
- At least 3 years experience in similar position (program coordinator/program manager)
Please send your CV and cover letter by e-mail with the subject “Open World Program Coordinator” to email@example.com by Friday, June 3rd, 2022.
Make sure to include at least one contact of previous employer or a recommender and your salary expectation (net take-home/month, in RON). Thank you.